Learn how to cook frozen chicken strips in air fryer in easy steps using this simple cooking guide. Say goodbye to the mess and excess oil of traditional deep frying and embrace the power and benefits of cooking in the air fryer.
Air fried chicken strips is crispy on the outside and delicious and make a fantastic snack or part of a meal.
Cooking your favorite brand of frozen chicken strips (breaded, battered, or un-battered) is such a breeze. No need to defrost or use oil, just pop in the air fryer and your food will be cooked in no time. It is important to flip the chicken strips halfway through the cooking time for a crispy result.
Why you will love it
- Firstly, it's a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods because it calls for zero oil (well apart from spraying the air fryer basket), reducing your unnecessary caloric intake.
- You are guaranteed consistent cooking in the air fryer: every chicken strip comes out perfectly crispy on the outside while remaining juicy and tender on the inside.
- User-friendly and requires minimal cleanup: If you are new to the air fryer then you will be happy to know that cooking frozen food in your little gadget is not rocket science. Your cooking experience with the air fryer will be mostly enjoyable. You get to cook your favorite meal half the time you would if using the oven or frying. Once you perfect how to cook in the air fryer then there will be no going back.
Air fryer: I tested this frozen chicken in my Cosori 5.5L and Instant 6-in-1 vortex 5.7L air fryers. You can use any air fryer you have.
What you will need
Frozen chicken strips: any brand of frozen chicken strips will work for this recipe. I love to use brands from Iceland or Aldi
How to cook frozen chicken strips in the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer by setting it to 400F/200C for 3-5 minutes.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil (optional). Place the frozen chicken strips in a single layer on the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd or overlap them.
Cook for 10-12 minutes flipping it halfway through the cooking time for a crispy result.
Serve and enjoy with any dipping sauce of your choice.Enjoy
How long to cook chicken strips in air fryer
Depending on the thickness of the strips, remember they are mostly precooked. Air fry frozen chicken strips for 10-12 minutes flipping them halfway through the cooking time for a crispy result. If cooking chicken strips or fries with no breading or batter then the cooking time should be adjusted accordingly or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165F when checked with an instant thermometer.
If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook frozen chicken strips in the oven. Bake then in a preheated oven at 400F/200C FOR 16-20minutes flipping it halfway through the cooking time for a crispier result
You can also cook frozen chicken fries or chicken tenders in the air fryer.
Can I cook frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer. The cooking time and temperature may vary due to the thickness and the wattage of the air fryer used. For the best result, check the internal temperature to ensure it reaches 165F/74C before consuming.
More air fryer chicken recipes you should try next
- Air fryer frozen breaded chicken breast
- Air fryer frozen chicken wings
- Air fryer (no breading) chicken strips
- Air fryer shredded chicken
- Air fryer thinly chicken breast
- Air fryer chicken meatballs
- Air fryer shake and bake chicken
Frozen Chicken Strips In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Kitchen tong
- 1 pound frozen chicken strips
- Cooking spray optional
- Preheat the air fryer by setting it to 400F/200C for 3-5 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil (optional). Place the frozen chicken strips in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd or overlap them.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes flipping it halfway through the cooking time for a crispy result.
- Serve and enjoy with any dipping sauce of your choice. Enjoy
And there you have it! A simple and delicious air fryer chicken recipe you can make at home in 10 minutes. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @cheapchickenrecipes on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest or make it on Tiktok. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox every week.